I suggest short (a couple of weeks to one month), medium (one month to three-ish months), and long (six month) term goals. What better time to set one (or more) goals than on August 2nd?!?!
Get the best results by following the simple guidelines below for setting your goal(s):
- Create S.M.A.R.T. Goals- Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely
- Write them down and post the somewhere that will remind you to work towards them.
- Be simple. Don't try to over think goals. Is it something you want to achieve or not? If you waiver at all, choose something else.
- Know yourself. Choose goals that will be challenging, but not overwhelming.
- Come up with a game plan to achieve. If you write down a goal and put it in a drawer, and don't think about it again until my next post on goals...well, you get where I'm going here.
I have a few clients that want to lose A LOT of weight. During their very first workout, we brainstorm and think of smaller goals that can work as stepping stones. I also ask them to think of a fitness goal as well- running a mile without stopping, doing one pull-up, doing a normal push-up, etc.
If you're trying to lose weight, don't just have one goal of pounds. Include other things such as keeping an honest daily food log, drinking 64 oz. of water everyday, etc.
If you would like help setting a goal for August, let me know!! Also, go ahead and post in the comments what one (or all) of your goals is. It's always great to share ideas and you'll be able to update your progress towards the end of the month!
Tomorrow: What's In A Name? & Button!
We're about to head to TX on vacation for a few weeks. My goal is to run at least 6 times while we're there! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to NOT sleep through my alarm the rest of the week... got to get those workouts in... I'm pretty sure my work out partner will disown me if I l sleep through my alarm again.
ReplyDeleteMy goal is to work out at least 4 times a week during August and to loose 5 pounds during the month. Will take some good choice making with going out to eat during in-service.
ReplyDelete